We have all had another very busy week of home learning even though getting back into it after half term has been tough.
We have loved seeing your work and how creative you have been and we are so proud of you all.
Have a look at our Stars page to see some of our achievements while we have been at home.
This week we have:
- learned about healthy eating and made our own dishes,
- completed puzzles and made some of our own,
- completed a science investigation,
- and camped out at home!
DT - Healthy Eating
This week we have been talking about nutrition and healthy eating. We have learnt about what makes a healthy meal, the different food groups and all about hygiene when cooking.
We then had a go at designing, making and evaluating our own healthy dish. Some of the things we made include;
and much more.
Have a look at the photos and videos below to see what we made and for some cooking tips from 2HB!
How to make boiled eggs and a green smoothie!
How to make salmon noodles.
Come Dine with Me! How did your evening go?
How to make a fruit salad.
How to make a ham sandwich.
This week we have:
- had fun in the snow; building snowmen, sledding, having snowball fights and making snow angels.
- had daily internet safety assemblies focusing on trust, who to talk to, gaming and screen time,
- made our own games,
- listened to stories,
- baked lots of yummy cakes and treats,
- written our own non-fiction text about Amelia Earheart,
- learnt about money,
- told jokes,
- and written book reviews.
This week we have learned about internet safety. Take a look at some of our work.
This week, we wrote our own book reviews. We have lots of recommended reads!
This week we have been;
- celebrating Children's Mental Health week, and trying out lots of different ways to improve our mental health,
- joining in with National Storytelling week - Click the link below to watch some of our storytelling videos,
- having an impromptu 2HB Bake off - keep your photos of your baking coming,
- making our own shops to develop our skills we are learning in maths
- and we even had a go at a social Google Meet.
James has been recording his own podcasts of him reading. He even asked his listeners to vote for which book he should read next.
The results are in and he will now be
... Gangster Granny by David Walliams
This week, in Maths, we have been learning about money. We made our own shops to develop the skills we are learning. Aren't they fantastic!
Matthias even decided to make a promotional video and tour for his shop.
For National Storytelling week we have been having a go at telling our own and some of our favourite stories (see the link abouve). We have also been taking photos of ourselves reading in unusual places or reading to unusual people or objects. Even some of the adults who work in 2HB joined in.
Can you spot your photo?
Mrs Morgan reading to a cuddly toy dragon.
Mrs Dean reading in the bathroom.
Mrs Vango reading in a pink princess tent.
Mrs Farrow reading in the boot of her car.
Mrs Birch reading to her puppy Kylo.
Mrs Allen reading in a puddle in her garden.
Mrs Twitchett reading to her daughters dolls.
Mrs Almond reading to her dog.
Mrs Burroughs reading in the woods.
Mrs Hammond reading on an exercise bike.
Mrs Smith reading on the stairs.
Reading in a den.
Reading to his dog.
Reading in the supermarket.
Reading in a cupboard.
Reading in a tree.
Reading in a huge puddle.
Reading by the window.
Reading to his soft toys.
Reading in a wellington boot.
Reading to dinosaurs in the bath.
Reading to his pet cat.
Reading in her den.
Reading under the bed.
Reading to his fish.